Thursday, September 27, 2012

Goal-Setting

I have neglected this poor blog horribly, and there really isn't a concrete reason behind it.  Perhaps I'm just tired, emotionally.  There are many good and wonderful things going on in our lives, and I am thankful and happy-- just a bit worn out.

I've started a second blog, 52 Voices and 52 Prayers, based on my year-long journey for a new church.  It's been fulfilling and thought-provoking, and it's made me accountable to pray and learn and research.  It's fed my soul in ways I could not have predicted.

My G and both G's are doing pretty well, with a few bumps along the road that we've managed well so far.  I have a new job, which keeps me learning and occupied and has a tremendous amount of support.

So, what's missing?  Not much, really, but I want to be writing more.  The church blog is a wonderful and wondrous thing, but it has a singular focus and I want to write more extensively.

A friend of mine posted When the Days are Long, and after reading that, I found Joyful Mothering's August goals post.  Since I, too, believe that the days are long but the years are short, I want to do more than mark time and "get through".  White-knuckling it through our children's years at home wastes so much precious time.  By setting specific goals, month by month, I hope to actually accomplish something that is concrete and measurable.  For myself, and for my children as well.


Here are my goals, and I hope Joyful Mothering will forgive me for ripping off her categories:

Personal:
Write once a week in both blogs for all of October.
Figure out a savings budget and timeline for getting my Masters'.

Marriage:
Make concrete plans for November
Have a phone chat with him that is NOT focused on work, his or mine.

Children:
Spend time doing something fun alone with each of them. (Movie?)
Help each of them accomplish one goal that is on their list.

Work:
Finish the classroom
Sign up two more unique volunteers.

I have a good feeling about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment