Time to write again, as there is another long "away" in our future. Between some work stress and some major life changes, it's a good time to reflect on what I want life to mean to me and what I expect from myself going forward.
This list is not conclusive and it's certainly going to need some additions, but it's what's been in my heart.
- It's ok to ask for help when I need it.
- Pray without ceasing.
- If my heart is feeling sore, I need to state the truth, at least to myself.
- Telling myself to "buck up" is not helpful.
- Reaching outside my comfort zone, however, can be a good thing.
- Even when things are dark, if I am simply trying to do the right thing and reflect God and goodness in my life, it does not go unnoticed. I don't always hear about it, but it is not unnoticed.
- If I wouldn't give certain "advice" to a girlfriend, why do I think it's OK to give it to myself?
- I matter.