Monday, July 9, 2012

Writer's Block

Over the last few weeks, I've had a lot of ideas for things to write about.

Deployment meals, such as they are

Friendship

Motherhood, parenthood

I'd start writing things down, and all of a sudden I'd realize that what I was writing was absolute, pure crap.

I hate that.

During the last few weeks, I have been busy enough.  I started a new blog, based on a yearlong church quest-- 52 Voices, 52 Prayers.  That's easy enough to keep up with, because the journey is important to me and the topic is always the same with different venues.

I started a Couch to 5K.  Some days are easier than others.  Today I managed to get myself out of bed and it was raining.  Mmm...  Not willing to risk my phone, so I will do Wii exercises once this is done.

But I'm not writing.  Not really, not creatively.  And I'm not sure exactly why.  I have ideas, and I want to write...it's just kind of flat-sounding once I type it out.

I will say this, though-- the best part about the last few weeks is that we are so much closer to being DONE with this deployment.  So now I can write about other things--

Counting down by trash days, paydays...  Milk expiration dates that match the homecoming week.   I'll look for any excuse to feel giddy and excited.

Homecoming!!!

The "now what?" that inevitably follows Homecoming.

Hope you'll join me.




No comments:

Post a Comment