Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Ten-- Roller Coaster

What a roller coaster day...  Not a roller coaster with the scary highs and lows and crazy loops.  Just up, down, up, down...

I have been determined to keep my hurting heart focused on joy, today, though it seems I'm feeling this:


1.  Earlier, I learned that a beloved friend and her family are facing the battle of her life.

2.  I have tried to focus on what a blessing she has been to all of us, and to how utterly comical she can make the simplest story.  So if you saw me randomly smiling to myself today, I was either thinking "Lawwwssss" or "chirruns" or thinking about putting blond back where it belonged.

3.  And I was blessed by time with my bff today.

4.  And my older daughter's fever from the weekend broke; she's feeling better.  (Hate it that she's sick there and I can't do a darn thing.)

5.  And I'm only coughing a "little" bit from being sick last week.  Yay!

6.  Then there was a fender bender.   A little one, and it will be fixed, but then there is the rest of the day with that "we are a giant car-target" feeling.  That's never fun for ANYONE.

7.  But we got rain today...I got to drive through a lot of it.  Bliss.  :)

8.  And then I got to donate some much-needed blankets, towels and sheets to our local animal shelter-- check out your local place and see what they need!

9.  Then I got to visit their AMAZING cat room (really, have never seen such an awe-inspiring kitty place).  And I got some kitty love.

10.  My heart is still heavy for a friend.  It still breaks, it still hurts.  But at the end of the day, finding joy in the small things and focusing on the positive is what gives us strength to handle the harder times.

No comments:

Post a Comment