Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday's Ten-- Just Not Feeling Good


1.  I'd almost rather be actually sick than just "not feeling good".  I don't know if anyone else remembers it, but George Carlin had a set that was all about the difference between being sick and "not feeling good".   No one really sympathizes with the "not feeling good"-- in the back of your mind you kind of feel like they're telling you to suck it up.

2. I do feel better than I did yesterday; at least my throat doesn't hurt any more.

3.  However, now Little G's throat hurts.  Again.  If she still feels like garbage tomorrow I'll keep her home all day and take her to the Dr.

4.  Last year she had strep at least three times.  Yay, us.

5.  When you "just don't feel good," it seems like there is something to prove.  See?  I can still get this stuff done!  Zzzzzz....

6.  I have the best husband in the world.  He set up the couch for me, first thing this morning, so I would crash out and sleep.  :)

7.  I am so glad he's home.

8.  Sometimes I think I forget to tell him that.

9.  Okay, I'm back. Husband is properly kissed and thanked.  :)

10.  In the back of my mind I've been thinking about a little boy named Jasper since early Sunday morning.  Saturday evening, they found him floating in the neighbor's pool and his mom (my cousin) gave him CPR until the medics came.  His first CT scan showed minimal swelling and no obvious damage.

Today, they took out the breathing tube and he is TICKED.  There have been a lot of people praying for this little boy with the chocolate drop eyes-- and now there are prayers of thanksgiving.  He just turned three a little over a week ago...we are all hoping that, not only is he okay, he is the same spunky little boy he was last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment