Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday's Ten: Things I'd Rather Not Talk About

I don't buy into the whole flowers/chocolate/romance/undying passion stuff, but a simple hug and a chance to lay next to my husband would be most welcome.  There are so many of us in the same boat, however, that it's sort of a non-issue.  We're even holding a Non-Romantic Valentine's Day outing so at least we can have some human interaction today.  Not bad.

That being said, I'd really rather not talk about certain things today.  It's supposed to be a day to touch base with the person or people who are closest to our hearts.    However, Murphina has other plans.

Topics I'd like to avoid:

1.  Hairballs/cat puke.  In the dark.

2.  Moving violations.  (To include driving school, tickets, payment of fines, and young drivers.)

3.  Bankruptcy.  (Not mine, but still not pleasant.)

4.  Taxes.  For any reason.

5.  Any of a myriad of things they list as side effects of advertised medications.

6.  PMS.

7.  Calories.  I intend to eat pizza and chocolate today.  :)

8.  Family communication issues.

9.  Any kind of kid issue.

10.  Valentine's Day.
(I threw that in as a joke, but Bah Humbug.)




1 comment:

  1. Like you, I am not big into Valentine's Day. There is something about women bragging about the flowers/candy the man in their life has sent them that makes me want to stomp on said flowers and throw aforementioned candy into a garbage disposal.

    This may be because I have spent more Valentine's Days away from the husband than I have with him. Whatever the reason I look at this day as just another "Hallmark Holiday" and push on through.

    ReplyDelete