Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Tuesday's Ten-- Things Worth Being Busy Doing
A Facebook friend commented that he wished she had mentioned "what is actually important to be busy doing".
So for Tuesday, I give you ten things that would be worth saying "I'm so busy". Well, worth it to me. :)
1. I spent 45 minutes on Facebook chat with my husband.
2. I made four deliveries to Avon customers, and got to see their smiles. (And get paid, which is no small thing.)
3. I spent an hour talking with my younger daughter about racism and fairness and the way things are, the way things used to be, and the way things could be.
4. I spent an hour reading a book.
5. I then spent quite a bit of time cleaning out the office and making it ready for tax season and bill-paying. The poor shredder may never forgive me.
6. I murdered some weeds, making our home look like someone cares about it.
7. I fed, cleaned up after, and petted my cats.
8. I bought a slightly used, awesome steal, little microwave for my older daughter. I'm beginning to think of her collection of items as "apartment in a box".
9. I gathered small gifts for care packages, and this week I will be making post office runs.
10. Not that I usually put this last, nor is it always first, but I prayed. For my husband, my children, my friends, my family, my home and for anything else that popped into my mind.
May I always have time to fill, and the wisdom to know how to fill it.