1. What are five things you know now about military life that you wish someone had told you?
Sometimes things happen for a reason and God’s ways are not our ways and sometimes He uses Uncle Sugar’s employees to demonstrate that.
Sometimes there is no good reason for the way things happen with the military and you’ll be a lot happier if you just go with the flow.
Don’t fret too much about the friends you will be leaving at one duty station because chances are you’ll meet up again at another duty station. A lot of times goodbye is just for a little bit.
Be FLEXIBLE!!! Getting wrapped around the axle about something you and your spouse are powerless to change is a total waste of energy.
2. What is the most important thing you'd like to tell new spouses?
3. What do you love the most?
4. What do you find the hardest?
5. Tell me a story that sums up military life for you.
I went to my first duty station absolutely bitter because I was not going where I wanted to go and I was not going to be doing the job that I wanted to be doing either. The only bright spot or so it seemed at the time was that a friend from basic training was already there. (We’re still friends to this very day.)