Just for fun, here are ten books I'm rather embarrassed to not have read:
1. 1984. As an adult, I'd like to try this one again. But in a high school class where we read book after depressing, dark, horrible book-- I couldn't do it.
2. Moby Dick. We were supposed to have finished it. Mmm...No.
3. The Bible. I will admit I read this more as a collection of stories or poems or truths than a full-fledged, all-the-way-through book.
4. Heart of Darkness. This was just awful. See above about the dark books. I wonder sometimes if that teacher had issues with depression?
5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This one may stun more of my friends than the Bible. What can I say? I have interesting friends.
6. The Shining. It's been on my list for a long time. I just have never picked it up.
7. Gone With the Wind.
8. Brave New World. Like 1984, it is possible to know quite a lot about a book without actually ever READING it.
9. Uncle Tom's Cabin. How is it I've never read this?
10. Catch-22. Any book that creates a phrase and sums up a situation with its title deserves to be at least skimmed...but, no. Not yet.
So what's on your list?
|My favorite bookstore.|